Managing your office move is a daunting task. There are so many factors to take into account, so many people involved and time to make things work is limited. There are several reasons why a business decides to move: maybe more success brings the need for more space. In order to make things easier, here is a list of key points, a sort of checklist (not comprehensive) to help you manage the removals process. It will work whether your office removal is in London or not.
- Appoint an internal member of the company as office move coordinator
- Set an office removal schedule
- Get information on local office removal companies
- Hire one and organise a visit of the old and the new office
- Let employees know about the schedule and specific duties
Before the move
- Evaluate office equipment – any replacement/upgrade required?
- Close old utilities accounts and set up new ones
- What kind of IT equipment does the new office need?
- Arrange data back-up
- Label items correctly
- Brief the removal company on schedule, power outlets location and all move plan details.
- Appoint an old office removal supervisor
- Appoint a new office removal supervisor
- Be in touch with the removal company team
- Be ready to contact any other team member throughout the move
- Make sure that every employee has a map of the new office
- Supervise final cleaning
- Arrange a landlord inspection
After the move
- Create a “we have moved” sign with all new location details
- Make sure the answerphone is updated
- Make sure the website displays correct information
- Make sure all your clients know about the move
- Hold a “new office party” to celebrate!